You must be a Stainland Lions member to pay the lower rate
Sowerby Scorcher 2017
10k Multi-terrain Challenge Run
Saturday 20th May 2017
11 am Start.
(registration from 9.30am -10.30am at St Peter’s Centre, HX6 1HB)
Come and enjoy a 10K morning run through the breathtaking countryside above the pennine village of Sowerby. The circular route follows quiet country roads, bridleways and paths with panoramic views over the Calderdale and Ryburn valleys. Approx’ 40% of the route is “off-road” on tracks and paths
Conditions of Entry
1. Obey any marshals instructions
2. Display number plaque provided so that it can be read on the front.
3. Be Aged 16 or over on the day of the event
4. Follow the Country Code, take care when approaching horse riders, let them know you are there
5. Obey the Highway Code, take care near pedestrians, pay due regard to any who may be using the same tracks/ bridleways as we do.
6. Any runner causing or witnessing an accident MUST stop and help anyone injured and notify the emergency services and organisers
7. Suitable weather appropriate clothing must be worn.
8. The decision of the organiser is final.
9. No outside help or cheating.
10. Any entrant who retires must inform the organisers.
This event closes in:
on 18/05/2017 at 11:59pm
(*subject to change without warning)
- I declare I am an amateur as defined by UK Athletics Laws and will abide by the laws and rules of UK Athletics. I accept that the organiser will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, cost or expenses which may arise in the consequence of my participation in this race. I declare that I will not compete unless I am in good health on the day of the race and that in any event I will compete at my own risk. I agree to abide by the conditions of entry and WILL NOT hold the organisers of the race, St Peter’s Church Sowerby, or any of their representatives, liable for loss/accident/ injury before, during or after this event. In the unlikely event of abandonment or cancellation, all or part of my entry fee may be retained for the management and administration of the event.
**NOTE: Prices shown below include booking fees. Nothing extra will be added at the checkout.**
**Additional discounts are applied for multiple bookings in the same transaction.**
Further information from the Organiser
You should collect your race pack/number at the venue on the day at the event. Please arrive in good time.
Seen something offensive? Please report it here.